Eli believes every Kansan and every American should be able to achieve financial peace, without jeopardizing their mental health or relationships with loved ones. Your wages should fairly represent your hard work and the cost of living. And holding greedy corporations accountable will help reduce the inflation crisis we all feel every day. Read more.
No matter where we end up in life, we all benefited in some way from Education. Eli knows that when all schools have the resources they need, students, parents, Kansas, and the country benefit greatly. Read more.
For too long, corporations have had their needs placed above those of communities. Corporations jump through financial and legal loopholes, and lobby members of Congress for favors. Eli is committed to putting communities above corporations, exposing corruption, and fighting it, with experts in oversight. Read more.
The costs of healthcare are suffocating Kansans and Americans every day. You deserve access to quality and affordable care. And healthcare workers deserve quality working conditions. Read more.
- Kansans made it loud and clear–liberty and freedom in this country includes the right to a safe and legal abortion. Whether you are someone who may need access or you simply know someone who has or will need access, Eli will constantly defend that right in Congress. Read more.
Not every community has the exact same needs. Too often, the needs of rural communities are overlooked. Many elected officials ignore rural Kansans, choosing to visit and advocate for larger communities and cities instead. Kansas wheat fields and sunflower fields are more than just beautiful wallpapers for our cell phones and computers. They are the backbone of our state and our country. Read more.
- While some in Congress want to make it harder for people to vote, Eli believes everyone should have unobstructed access to vote in the manner that works best for them. Read more.
Kansas is a beautiful state and America is a beautiful country. We need to protect the purity of our land, water, and air by standing up to corporations who are polluting them at disgusting rates, leading to noticeable shifts in our climate that impact our livelihoods. Read more.
We all (myself included) deserve to live in a society where we can be our authentic self, without experiencing discrimination and hate, either from people or from policies. Read more.
No one is coming to take your guns away, unless you are someone who should not legally have it. Keeping our firearms stored safely is one of many precautions Eli advocates for. We can create a world where traumatizing lockdown drills are a distant memory in classrooms like Mr. Woody’s. Read more.
Whether you own, rent, share housing, or are currently experiencing homelessness, Eli believes you deserve access to fair and safe housing. Home buying should be for individuals, not for corporations and companies. Read more.
The list of policies and issues debated about in Congress is long, but where I stand on each of them is influenced by my "roots." I am committed to these core values, no matter the topic, no matter the place, no matter how intense a debate may get.
- Every person deserves to be treated with respect, both in direct conversations and in discussions about policies that affect them. That means a person's lived experience and their social identity is not up for debate but should instead be maturely respected.
- Whether we meet in your driveway or at a campaign event, I am authentically the same person every time. And come as you are-- I will never judge where you come from, what you wear, or what you sound like.
- Lying and misleading are too common in politics. From me, you will always get an honest answer. No one is perfect, but more politicians should be willing to be vulnerable enough to admit that.
- Politics should not be confusing to follow. You should know, transparently, what your elected officials are doing for you-- or attempting to do for you. When I am not in the community in person, you will hear from me regularly about what I'm working to do for you.
- Sometimes, the work Congress does can seem overwhelming and difficult to understand. Oftentimes, proposals, bills, and resolutions are written in a way that a regular person cannot understand. From me, you will always have clarity in our communication.